CCLS webinar: cosmetic considerations
The Cornea and Contact Lens Society (CCLS) is hosting a webinar on the impact of cosmetics on the ocular surface on Wednesday 7 June at 7.30pm NZ standard time.
Founders of UK-based award-winning oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery Face Restoration, Drs Rachna Murthy and Jonathan Roos, visiting professor of the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research master’s programme in Bergamo, University of Milan, will discuss the findings of the recently published Tear Film & Ocular Surface Society’s (TFOS) ‘A lifestyle epidemic, cosmetics subcommittee report’ to which they contributed. They will cover how eye health practitioners can educate patients about cosmetics and recommend alternatives for better ocular surface health.
TFOS co-founder Amy Gallant Sullivan will cover the 15-plus years of research behind Èyes Are The Story, the world's first clinically proven products formulated specifically for sensitive eyes and skin, dry eyes and contact lens wearers.
The one-hour webinar is free for CCLS NZ and CCLSA members ($15 for non-members). New Zealand optometry CPD points pending. For more, click here.
- Trends in corneal transplantation: beyond 2020June 1, 2023
- Lifestyle costs to our ocular surfaceMay 31, 2023
- RANZCO Vision 2030: providing better vision care in AotearoaMay 31, 2023
- SCC2023 is coming to Sydney!May 30, 2023
- News from ARVO 2023May 30, 2023
- Post-surgery opioids ‘over-prescribed’ in NZMay 29, 2023
- A trip to MorroccoMay 26, 2023
- Stars and their eyes… Rick WakemanMay 25, 2023